Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Mangos---a joke on America


Personally opinion, but I think mangoes (especially the grafted mangoes from Africa) are the best fruit on the entire planet. They're light years better here than central America. And comparatively, the ones imported to Washington that my mom buys taste like zucchini. I think mangoes are God's gift to the poor who tend to live around the world in areas where mango's grow. They're a funny fruit. They're in season about one month a year or less. There's also way to many when they come. And they don't export well. Which means, despite all the money in America, most Americans will probably never have the privilege of rich and flavorful mangoes. [currently my freezer is full of frozen mango chunks that I can suck on like Popsicles :)]

No comments:

Post a Comment